Q. Who is eligible to apply?
- Districts, Collaborative, Higher Education
Q. Does my program fit into a CNCS AmeriCorps Funding Priority?
- Veterans and Military Families
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
Q. What grants are available?
AmeriCorps State and National Grant:
- Utilize resources to develop an AmeriCorps program which will engage AmeriCorps members to address community needs in CNCS and/or SGC priority areas.
- Grantees will receive an award for specific amount per Member Service Year (MSY).
- Grant requirements are: sound program design and implementation strategy identified; clearly articulated member responsibilities, activities, training, supervision, evaluation, organizational history and capacity, sustainability plans, and fund management.
Q. Is AmeriCorps the right fit?
Run the numbers:
- Does my organization have the organizational, technological and fiscal capacity to manage a federal grant?
- Does my organization have the resources to match the federal funds (cash and in-kind)? Review the Overall Minimum Match Chart here.
- Does my organization have the resources to manage a program for 30-60 days before receiving reimbursement?
- Can my organization support, at minimum, 10 Member Service Years (MSY)? 1 MSY equals 2 half-time (HT) term of service for 900 hours.
- Receive commitment letters from organizations willing to partner for an AmeriCorps program (these are for organizational use only, not for submitting with the grant application).
Do the Research
- Does my organization address compelling needs in education, veterans/military families, disaster services, economic opportunities, environmental stewardship, healthy futures or capacity building?
- Would this program support my organization’s mission and strategic plan or the needs of my community?
Meet with Potential Partners
- Will this program offer services not already offered in the community?
- Are there other community organizations wanting an AmeriCorps program or an existing AmeriCorps program in my community?
Q. What is AmeriCorps selection criteria?
- Evidence that identify needs exist in targeted communities;
- AmeriCorps is adding unique value;
- Interventions are evidence-based or evidence-informed with measurable community impact;
- Provides powerful service experience with increased community impact;
- Links need with intervention and anticipated outcomes.
- Sound organizational structure;
- Ability to ensure compliance with AmeriCorps rules and regulations;
- Record of accomplishment as an organization;
- Success in securing community support.
Cost-Effectiveness & Budget Adequacy
- Aligned with program narrative;
- Does not exceed maximum cost per MSY.